Anyone know about curling?

Go down

Anyone know about curling?

Post by carmidy on 4/12/2009, 11:20 am

My cousin curls in the winter (she lives in minnesota). Have any of you guys even heard of it? I watched an old movie about it a loooong time ago on TV one day when I was sick. Other than that I never knew anyone did it! Then last year my cousin told me she's been doing it for years and I had NO idea!

Here's what it is. One person from a team shoves one of those huge rock block things (puck, ball?) towards the other end of the rink (field, court, arena? I obviously don't know proper terms here). And 2 other teammates have brooms and try to direct the rock block thing to the spot on the other side that would give their team the most points. Exciting? Probably not. The movie tried to make it sound exciting but I cant really see a lot of people rushing to the ice rink place to watch people shove boulders with handles across it. It's like frozen shuffle board with young people instead of old geezers on cruise ships.

carmidy

View user profile http://www.saidwicked.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone know about curling?

Post by lover.girl on 4/12/2009, 11:39 am

Hey whats that movie called?? I think ive seen it too!
lover.girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by annabell on 5/12/2009, 4:30 pm

I've never heard of this! That's so weird!! I'm goign to youtube it now so I know what they actually do. Hahaha. It soudns like a sport some canadian person would be super into.
annabell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stargurl on 6/12/2009, 4:26 am

i heard about it on the news a couple nights ago actually. it was wierd looking.
stargurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum