Sunshine Cleaning and Coraline

Go down

Sunshine Cleaning and Coraline

Post by carmidy on 18/11/2009, 3:14 pm

So, I recently watched 2 movies. By recently I mean Last night and today. Haha.

Anyway, so last night I watched Sunshine Cleaning with my boyfriend... I don't know if you can really say he watched it with me because he fell asleep about 1/3 of the way through. (Don't worry, it's not because it was boring, he just always falls asleep during movies. Drives me nuts!) Sunshine Cleaning wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more of a comedy. Don't get me wrong, some parts were funny, but it was mostly awkward. Affairs and dead people and weird lesbian vibes. I don't know... Kind of weird. But still a decent movie. I'd probably watch it again if it was on TV or something. Thank God for redbox ($1 rentals? yes please!).

Coraline was adorable. It was actually pretty freaky. I work with infants through 12 year olds and honestly I don't think a lot of my 10 year olds would be able to handle that movie without being totally freaked out. One thing I noticed about this movie is that it used a lot of newer words that you dont hear in a lot of "kid" movies today... like crap, brat, blah blah blah. Stuff you normally wouldn't expect to be in a movie like that. Not to mention one of the characters (the tall old lady that lives in the basement) has HUMONGOUS boobs and in one of the parts she's naked with pasties and underwear. So honestly - not a movie to show the younger kids if they're not mature enough to deal with the boobage and bad language. But definitely a cute movie.

By the way - in Coraline the opening and ending credits song sounds like gibberish but after a while of searching because I wasn't satisfied with that answer, I found out it's actually just in another language.

Song with "gibberish" lyrics

Song with English lyrics - (just the words)

Enjoy. Wink
carmidy

View user profile http://www.saidwicked.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunshine Cleaning and Coraline

Post by Barbie124 on 19/11/2009, 2:29 pm

Awesome thread carmidy! You should write more of these!

That's so cool! I had no idea it was just a different language, I always thought it was just weird words. Hahahaa

Barbie124
Average Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drandiz99 on 19/11/2009, 4:40 pm

i agree with barbie, you did really good. i'm going to watch coraline tonight now, lol!
drandiz99
Average Member

View user profile http://i dont have one. :(

Back to top Go down

Post by carmidy on 19/11/2009, 7:34 pm

Thanks guys! Smile
carmidy

View user profile http://www.saidwicked.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content